Potassium persulfate can be used as gel breaker for oil well fracturing fluid. As an initiator of emulsion polymerization in synthetic resin and synthetic rubber industry, it is used for the synthesis of butadiene styrene rubber, used as a remover of sodium thiosulfate in photographic industry, as oxidant in dye and printing and dyeing industry, as bleaching agent in oil industry. Potassium persulfate is an inorganic compound, white crystal, odorless, deliquescent, combustion supporting and irritant. It is mainly used as bleaching agent, oxidant, photographic medicine, analytical reagent, polymerization accelerator, etc.
Potassium persulfate is no stranger to us. In our daily life, bleaching agents and strong oxidants we use are all made of potassium persulfate. Let's talk about the main uses of potassium persulfate in detail from Wujiang Nanfeng Fine Chemical Co., Ltd., a potassium persulfate manufacturer
1. Potassium persulfate is mainly used as disinfectant and fabric bleaching agent;
2. Potassium persulfate can be used as initiator for emulsion polymerization of vinyl acetate, acrylic ester, acrylonitrile, styrene, vinyl chloride and so on, and the polymerization accelerator of synthetic resin is used at the temperature of 60~85 degrees centigrade.
3. Potassium persulfate can be used as gel breaker of oil well fracturing fluid. In the synthetic resin and synthetic rubber industry, it is used as initiator of emulsion polymerization for the synthesis of butadiene styrene rubber.
4. Potassium persulfate is the intermediate of hydrogen peroxide production by electrolysis, which is decomposed to produce hydrogen peroxide;
5. Potassium persulfate is used in oxidation solution of steel and alloy, etching and roughening treatment of copper, and impurity treatment of solution;
6. Potassium persulfate can be used as analytical reagent, oxidant and initiator in chemical production. It is also used for film development and sodium thiosulfate removal.
Operation precautions: closed operation, strengthen ventilation. Operators must be specially trained and strictly abide by the operating procedures. It is suggested that the operators should wear hood type electric air supply filter dust respirator, polyethylene anti-virus clothing and rubber gloves. Keep away from fire and heat source. No smoking in the workplace. Avoid dust. Avoid contact with reducing agent, active metal powder, alkali and alcohol. When carrying, it should be loaded and unloaded lightly to prevent the package and container from being damaged. Vibration, impact and friction are prohibited. Fire fighting equipment of corresponding variety and quantity and leakage emergency treatment equipment shall be provided. Empty containers may contain harmful substances.
Storage precautions: store in a cool, dry and well ventilated warehouse. Keep away from fire and heat source. The package is sealed. It should be stored separately from reducing agent, active metal powder, alkali, alcohol, etc., and avoid mixed storage. The storage area should be equipped with suitable materials to contain the leakage.